Timber is an environmentally friendly material for building a private house. Walls of a wooden house have a good influence on human health and give a feeling of pacification and a harmony with nature.
A wooden house built from the dry machine rounded log
Machine rounded log is a high quality constructing material which has preserved all the useful properties of timber. Such house is installed like a construction set and requires minimal handiwork – by using special machine we create components of the same size which join together perfectly. Modern methods of machine rounded logs production made wooden house building much easier and can easily compete with traditional hand chopping.
Characteristics of the dry machine rounded log
Severnaya Izba is the only company in Vologda region that produces the real dry machine rounded log (humidity in the log’s centre is 20±2%)
Quick construction time
The shrinkage of a wooden house made from machine rounded logs is up to 5% of a building’s height. Finishing work can be started right after the walls are put up. Due to log’s smoothness outside surface of the walls doesn’t require sanding and is right away ready for paint-and-lacquer coating. The period of turnkey construction of a wooden house made from machine rounded logs is 9 months.
The absence of deformations
The second advantage of the dry machine rounded log is the absence of deformations. Evenly dried log isn’t affected by fungus and mould and doesn’t have cracks.
The dry machine rounded log from Severnaya Izba is of an exceptional quality and ensures a short wooden house construction period. For example, it takes 4-6 weeks to build a 200 square meters wooden house from machine rounded logs. There is no need in “adjusting” logs to each other – all locks and grooves have been made in the factory. Besides a wide assortment of machine rounded logs allows to fulfill all your demands and desires.
Profiles and sizes
Severnaya Izba offers 2 profile types of machine rounded logs – dry ones and of natural humidity.
- FinnLine – Finnish profile of the machine rounded log which gained particular popularity. The wide packing groove and two sealing pins protect house from draughts. A wooden house built from FinnLine machine rounded logs DOESN’T require caulking, which reduces construction work expenses and helps save money on heating and maintenance.
- “Moon groove” – is the traditional profile for the machine rounded log. Produced at the request of the customer.
IMPORTANT: FinnLine machine rounded log is used during preliminary calculation.
9 diameters of the machine rounded log
- 180mm – 210mm – is used in building houses for seasonal living, bath-houses, summer houses, small architectural forms.
- 220mm – 230mm – is used in building houses for seasonal and permanent living.
- 240mm – 270mm – is used for houses for permanent living.
The standard length of the machine rounded log is 6 meters.
Intermediate diameters of the machine rounded log
Severnaya Izba offers wooden houses made from machine rounded logs of intermediate or odd diameters (190mm, 210mm, 230mm, 250mm, 270mm). During the production of the machine rounded log of an odd diameter the protection layer is removed less than during the pro-duction of the log of an even diameter which minimizes appearance of cracks.
Additional services for the production of the machine rounded log
- The saw cut of oblique “bowls” for bay windows (60 and 45 degrees)
- Drilling holes for dowels
- Drilling holes for the secret wiring
- Drilling holes for the hidden wiring installation
- Ornamental cuts on the window openings, doorways and archways
- Preparation of window and door apertures for casing.
Having difficulty making a choice? Severnaya Izba specialists will always help you to make the right decision.